The Hermès watchmaking tradition dates back to the 1920s, when its saddle-making talent was first exercised on watchstraps. In 1928, the first Hermès watches were presented in the company store at 24 Faubourg Saint-Honoré in Paris. At the time, Hermès placed its signature on timepieces created in cooperation with the greatest names in the Swiss watch industry, and in 1978 the Ateliers de La Montre Hermès was founded in Biel, Switzerland.
Since the 2003, La Montre Hermès has designed and developed its own mechanical calibres, manufactured in Switzerland. Having access to exclusive movements has enabled the company to offer fine watchmaking timepieces.