Panerai was founded in 1860 in Florence, Italy, a city famous throughout the world for its creativity and genius. Their first workshop was opened on Ponte alle Grazie and was a shop, workshop and the city’s first watchmaking school. This shop has since moved to its current location in the Palazzo Arcivescovile in Piazza San Giovanni. Officine Panerai expresses it’s values through its watches, which it reinterprets over time with passion, technical excellence and exclusive design. The Panerai legacy includes the first use of radium luminous substances to illuminate the dials of technical instruments, and advances in water resistance for diving watches. Panerai watches feature a pure Italian design loyal to tradition. They feature a high quality of production in line with their original craftsmanship. Officine Panerai has supplied precision instruments to the Italian Navy and has since become an international brand. The first Radiomir Panerai watches were released in the 1930’s but were replaced by the Luminor watches in the late 1940’s. The styles of watches have gone under some minor changes over the years but have stayed relatively the same in overall shape, design and military style.