For the first time in the Nautilus collection, Patek Philippe introduces the Nautilus 5740/1G-001, a perpetual calendar. This classic model combines casual sportiness and technical finesse with high-end watchmaking. The perpetual calendar automatically recognizes the number of days in each month, including during leap years.
5740/1G-001 Perpetual Calendar Nautilus
The ultra-thin caliber 240 movement allows the 18k white gold case to be extremely slender at 8.32mm thick, making it the thinnest perpetual calendar from Patek Philippe, not to mention it also has a 60m water resistance.
Staying true to typical Nautilus design, the dial is decorated with raised horizontal embossing. It also features the same sunburst blue that greaced the versions released in 2016 celebrating the Nautilus’ 40th anniversary. The perpetual calendar dial is easy to read with white gold markers and luminescent coatings. The date is seen as the most important calendar indication and is highlighted on the dial with a slightly larger display.
On the case flanks, the correctors for the perpetual calendar are seamlessly integrated in the design and were optimally positioned. Also seamlessly integrated into the case is the white gold bezel. The clasp has been redesigned to improve wearing comfort. Now, it features four independent catches to optimize opening and closing and to prevent the unintended release. The design also mirrors the Calatrava cross when fully opened.
- Caliber 240 Q Ultra-thin self-winding mechanical movement.
- Perpetual calendar with analog date, day, month, leap year cycle and 24-hour dial. Moon phases.
- Power reserve: Min. 38 hours / max. 48 hours
- Two crown positions:
- Pushed home: To wind the watch
- Pulled out: To set the time
- Day at 9 o’clock
- Date between 11 and 12 o’clock
- Month between 12 and 1 o’clock
- Moon phase at 6 o’clock
- Hallmark: Patek Philippe Seal
- Case: 18K white gold
- Sapphire-crystal caseback
- Water resistant to 60 m (6 bar)
- Case dimensions:
- Diameter (10 to 4 o’clock): 40 mm
- Width (9 to 3 o’clock incl. crown): 44.05 mm
- Length (across lugs): 44.3 mm
- Height: 8.42 mm
- Width between lugs: 13.05 mm
- Brass dial, blue PVD coating, sunburst and embossed motif
- Applied baton-style hour markers in 18K white gold, with Superluminova® coating
- Baton-style hour and minute hands in 18K white gold, with Superluminova® coating
- 18K white gold bracelet with new, patented Nautilus fold-over clasp
Suggested Retail: $119,070 USD