Celebrating 55 years since the Heuer Carrera was first created, Baselworld 2018 brings us the Carrera Chronograph GMT with its Heuer 02 manufacutre movement. This new watch is perfect for those hungry for travel and adventure.
Carrera Chronograph GMT
Epitomising the Avant-Garde from its creation in 1963 right up to the brand new Heuer 02 line, and including innovative pieces such as the ultramodern Connected Modular, the TAG Heuer Carrera collection celebrates its 55th anniversary in 2018.
A fantastic occasion for the Swiss watch brand to unveil a new chronograph version equipped with a GMT function. This new model adopts the design codes and DNA of the Heuer Carrera, featuring the original “3-6-9” counter layout from 1963. The chronograph minutes and hours are at 3 and 9 o’clock, with the permanent small second at 6 o’clock and the date window at 4:30, completed by the GMT function. It is the first time that TAG Heuer has added this complication to its prestigious manufacture movement.
The second time zone, an ultra-practical feature that can be adjusted with the crown, is read using the lacquered red hand and the black and blue ceramic bezel, which has a 24-hour GMT scale. To ensure optimum legibility, the GMT hand has been ingeniously mounted in a secondary position — between the hour and minute hands — enabling it to pass over the indexes and skim the GMT scale.
The Heuer 02 manufacture movement, visible through the skeleton dial, is housed inside a solid 45 mm steel case, water-resistant to 100 metres. As daring as it is refined, this model boldly demonstrates the height of the Swiss watch brand’s avant-garde technology.
- Reference CBG2A1Z.BA0658: steel bracelet
- CBG2A1Z.FT6157: rubber strap
- Heuer 02 Automatic Chronograph calibre with GMT function Visible skeleton date disc with window at 4:30
- 75-hour power reserve
- Steel case 45 mm in diameter
- Black and blue ceramic bezel with 24-hour tachymeter scale
- Polished steel and rubber crown at 3 o’clock
- Black skeleton dial
- 100 metres water resistant
- Steel bracelet or rubber strap
- Steel folding buckle with dual safety push-pieces and TAG Heuer logo.